5 Top Quartz Countertops Benefits
Quartz countertops are gaining popularity among many homeowners. Quartz countertops benefits can be advantageous for many homeowners.
- Quarts is very durable. It is an engineered material made from natural quartz combined with polymers and resins. This process creates a very durable and almost understandable material.
- Nonporous. Most stone products are porous. It means that there is a chance they can absorb liquids. But some stones are more porous than others. For example, marble is more porous than granite. But quartz is non-porous at all, as it is an engineered stone and it is already pre-sealed.
- Wide color variety. There are hundreds of colors to choose from when it comes to quartz countertops. Different manufacturers offer different patterns. So possibilities for color options are almost endless. It can look like natural stone or solid color. When it is created, the pigment can be added to the resin. So it will create any desired look.
- More design options. Quartz can be held in place with epoxy instead of screws. So it opens more versatile options when it comes to installing quartz countertops. So it can be used for backsplashes, shower enclosures, and walls without very visible seams. Get some quartz countertops idea inspiration here.
- Low maintenance. Since it is non-porous, it is very easy to clean quartz, as it doesn’t absorb any liquids. All it needs, just a regular wipe with water with soap.
Since quartz is much heavier than granite, installation can get more complicated.